Muskogee Central High Class of 1967

Still "Doin' It" after all these years (breathing)

Frances Haynes
  • Female
  • Tulsa, OK
  • United States
Share on Facebook MySpace

Frances Haynes's Friends

  • Alice Hogan
  • Mike Simpson

Frances Haynes's Discussions

The infamous song

Started this discussion. Last reply by Richard Davis Sep 22, 2009. 6 Replies

Gifts Received


Frances Haynes has not received any gifts yet

Give a Gift


Frances Haynes's Page

Frances Haynes's Photos

  • Add Photos
  • View All

Frances Haynes's Blog

Becky's Quilte - Donation

Posted on April 19, 2017 at 10:30am 0 Comments

Go to - Click donation page - every $5.00 will be an entry to draw for the quilt.


PS the houndstooth material is true to the period, but it is also a tribute to Mr. Jeffries and the houndstooth jacket that Doyce McComber admired so…


50th Reunion updates

Posted on October 25, 2016 at 12:56pm 0 Comments

SAVE THE DATE postcards are in the mail!!! April 28-29, 2017 for reunion - open the time capsule!!!! We hope to see as many as possible to share in the excitement!!!

If you do not receive a postcard, please email with your correct postal address, email, and phone number.  If you are not receiving emails, please send email update or enable to not go to spam and to get through firewall etc.  

Next planning meeting Jan 17, 2017 at…


Mr Shelton (Spanky)

Posted on August 22, 2012 at 7:58pm 0 Comments

I heard that Mr. Shelton (David W) whom was sometimes called Spanky is not doing well.  He was an AR PE teacher and HS wrestling coach among other jobs.  He would probably appreciate hearing from some of his former students about how he inspired them


Louise Bennett

Posted on October 16, 2011 at 4:28pm 0 Comments

Some of you may be interested in this:
Mrs. Bennett (Ronnie's Mom) loved our class, attended class reunions in honor of Ronnie, and maintained the scholarship fund in his memory.

That Day in May by Michael Steward Haynes

Posted on April 10, 2011 at 4:28pm 2 Comments

I jsut came across this and thought some of you might remember it and would appreciate reading it again.

(I didn't get Mike's permission to post this.  I would ask but I don't know how to contact him.  And no, we are not related as far as we know.)


That Day In May

by Michael Steward Haynes

May, 1967


Twelve years ago began it all,

One pretty day not late in fall.

We made new friends with which to play,

It started all…


Comment Wall (8 comments)

You need to be a member of Muskogee Central High Class of 1967 to add comments!

Join Muskogee Central High Class of 1967

At 1:32am on August 7, 2019, James Pollard said…

Good Day,

How is everything with you, I picked interest on you after going through your short profile and deemed it necessary to write you immediately. I have something very vital to disclose to you, but I found it difficult to express myself here, since it's a public site.Could you please get back to me on ( ) for the full details.
Have a nice day
Thanks God bless.

At 8:57am on September 30, 2009, Melody Ann Jones Richardson said…
Frances - I hope you have a blessed and Happy! Happy! Birthday! Fall is a GREAT time of the year to be born. Melody
At 3:14pm on September 22, 2009, Richard Davis said…
If it makes you feel any better I am 12 years older than my wife. You should here what I get called. As for the Houston Cougars I was a student at OSU when we romped them. I moved here from Houston and actually had friends on that team.
At 1:23pm on September 22, 2009, Alice Hogan said…
Thank you very much! I definitely don't enjoy getting older.
At 12:24pm on September 22, 2009, Richard Davis said…
I hope I didn't offend you. I apologize if I did. It was intended as a compliment.
At 10:56pm on August 5, 2009, Tom Abbott said…
Frances, I think the early 1970's must have been some of the best times to be in Hawaii.

One thing I particularly liked was being able to go to concerts by the top singing groups in the country such as Elvis, Janis Joplin Frank Sinatra, and all the other major groups you can think of from that time period. Of course, everyone wanted to play Hawaii! So there was no shortage of talent.

Every week a new act was presented.

We didn't usually have the money to buy tickets to go inside and see these groups, which played at the "Shell" entertainment center, a huge set shaped like a sea shell, thus the name (and since torn down and replaced, I believe).

It was hard to see the stage from outside, except for a few special places, what with the fence and the tall hedge planted inside the fence, but the acoustics were fantastic and could be heard very well even if one were not in the arena.

We would routinely hitchhike into Honolulu, where we would join hundreds, sometimes even thousands of music enthusiasts and sit on the grass field outside the Shell with our picknik lunches and some not-so-legal products to listen to the various groups play.

It was really a neat experience.

There was never any trouble among the people sitting outside, although once the police for some reason decided to harass some of the folks, like the one who roared up on his three-wheeled motorcycle and snatched a paper bag out of the hands of a girl sitting near us, who was carry a toddler child, claiming they were searching for marijuana. All they found were diapers.

Then several hundred cops showed up on more motorcycles and on foot, and started rousting everyone, making them get up and then going through their things and when they found nothing incriminating they just tossed the stuff into the dirt.

Needless to say, this did not sit well with the people trying to enjoy the concert, and before long the entire crowd were on their feet and were backing the police up until the police had their backs to the fence and the crowd had them surrounded in a simi-circle and directing uncomplimentary comments at the cops.

Someone on the part of the cops got smart and ordered the police to withdraw and quit harrassing the crowd. They did finally withdraw and that kind of incident never happened again, at least as long as I was there. The cops left everyone alone and there was no more trouble at subsequent concerts.

That was the day I realized that even a well-grounded person like myself :) could get caught up in a mob mentality without realizing it. I was with the crowd and would have participated had there been a clash with the cops. but Jack was the one that really got caught up in all the turmoil: a bunch of people had grabbed hold of the chainlink fence and were jerking it back and forth until it eventually was broken down flat, but right before that happened, Jack jumped up on the fence and climbed over it and got inside the Shell. I don't know what he thought he was going to do once he got in there, but in he went anyway.

Unfortunately, for him, the cops were lining the iniside of the fence and promptly maced Jack and threw him back over the fence!

Jack said he just got carried away in the moment, and I understood exactly what he meant, although I had enough self control not to get "that" caughtup.

At 10:46pm on August 4, 2009, Tom Abbott said…
Well, there's a good chance we did cross paths during that time period.

I arrived in South Vietnam in May of 1968, spent about six months around the Qui Nhon/An Khe area, then was moved up north in the area of Phu Bai and Hue and points north.

I then took a months leave around April 1969, and came home to Muskogee, 25 pounds lighter, but happy as a lark, then returned to South Vietnam until Dec. 15, 1969, when I received my discharge and left the service.

I came home to Muskogee and spent a few weeks bumming around and being restless, then along came this hippy named Jack Shields (you may remember him) with long red hair, and I hung out with him for a few days and he asked me if I wanted to hitchhike to Colorado (Trinidad) with him, where his family was living at the time, and I said sure, why not, I've got nothing better to do.

After reaching Trinidad, we stayed there a few weeks and then decided we were going to hitch to California and find a merchant ship and work our way across to Australia.

When we got to Los Angeles, we discovered that a one-way airline ticket to Honolulu was only $75 so we decided we would fly to Honolulu and then continue on to Australia from there.

But when we got to Hawaii it was so beautiful and layed back that we decided to stay, and that's how I ended up in Hawaii.

I spend my first night on Oahu in the large cave at Wiamea Bay on the North shore, and then we found a house to rent about half way between Wiamea Bay and Sunset beach right across the road from the beach and the Ocean.

We stayed there for many glorious months and Jack met his future wife, Mary Beth, there. We initially met her and her eight! girlfriends (One of her friends was named Netti Alioto, whose father was the major of San Francisco, and I think Netti is/was very active in San Francisco politics) at a Steve Miller concert held in the Punchbowl outside Honolulu.

When the concert broke up, we lost track of the girls in the crowd, and Jack did not find out how to get back in touch with Mary Beth. Talk about a forlorn guy! Jack was just sick about his mistake, and I wasn't too happy either, since the other girls stirred some interest in me, too.

We hitched back to the North Shore, where Jack and our third roommate, Joel, decided to go swimming in the ocean on this completely moonless night.

Perhaps Jack was feeling a little suicidal at the time. I declined the offer to accompany them into the surf, since I have an aversion to being eaten by sharks in a pitchblack ocean.

After their swim, we walked across the road to our house and went to sleep.

I bought a 250 Suzuki motorcycle just a fews weeks before all this took place, and I needed to go into a small town named Halliewa (the spelling is probably wrong; it's been a long time), to get some repairs done on the bike, and Jack went with me riding on the back, still down in the dumps about blowing his chance with his beautiful new girlfriend.

As we were returning to the house, we passed a 1964 Chevy with two girls in it. We went by them pretty fast but as I looked over at them they looked very familiar, and then I realized it was Mary Beth and one of her girlfriends!

I slowed down until we were running along beside them and motioned for them to pull over onto the shoulder, but they did not recognize us because we were wearing helmets and refused to do so. I took my helmet off and then they realized who we were and they pulled over and talked to us and then followed us to our house and the rest is history.

Jack and Mary Beth got married. I haven't seen or heard from them in sometime but I'll bet they are still together.

The last time I saw them they were living in San Francisco. Jack is probably a millionaire by now. He's such a go-getter.

Jack and Mary Beth were made for each other. And I guess the Good Lord thought so too because he got them back together, when Jack had lost all hope. Funny how things turn out sometimes.

Sorry to run on so long, but I just love that story and don't get a chance to tell it very often.

At 8:05am on June 16, 2009, rhonda jones pritchett said…
Hey! this does look like a pretty neat thing to be a part of. Let me know what's going on.

© 2024   Created by Mike Simpson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service